Gear pic/link thread.

<<

ReaperNet

TAG Committee
TAG Committee

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Gear pic/link thread.

Escape from Tarkov.

Another open world, sand box, PVP survival game. This one has a few of the developers from STALKER working on it. A lot of these games have been disappointing but this one has me interested.

<<

ReaperNet

TAG Committee
TAG Committee

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Krylon Camouflage spray paint.

Pro-Wholesale in Tauranga (LINK) has recently started selling this range of paints. They are the awesome. The finish is extremely matte with a subtle gritty texture.

Here is my HK416D sprayed with Krylon khaki and Tamiya olive drab over-top.

<<

SpooksHD

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Hey guys looking to do some upgrades to my load out in preparation for nationals this year I'm looking for The following are red dot scope and a for grip and A tactical loadout vest if someone has some links or some of things the things for sale please let me know many thanks Spooks
<<

ReaperNet

TAG Committee
TAG Committee

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Is there a load out you have in mind and how much you wanting to spend?
<<

SpooksHD

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:21 pm

I'm looking for a light weight vest or tactical combat belt.
I'm also looking for an acog/red dot scope and a grip for the front of my gun I'm looking for the cheapest I can
<<

sixthree

TAG Member
TAG Member

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:27 pm

What's your budget Spooks?

Josh that game and 416 look awesome. I might even preorder it after watching the video.
<<

SpooksHD

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:58 pm

I've got about $400-450 max.
If I spend more I won't be able to pay for the trip to Nelson for nationals
<<

Eda

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:59 am

That's a decent budget there man, should be able to get some nice gear. I'm just gonna rattle off a mixture of stuff I own and use, and stuff that matches closely with what a lot of people at the club use. Should give you a good set of gear that "fits" with the rest of the club.

Vest: Crye JPC (Clone)
Option 1: MODI JPC
    Pros: Cheaper
    Cons: Doesn't use real MultiCam so colours will likely be slightly off
    Price: NZD $127~ (USD $59 (vest) + $23.70 (shipping))
Option 2: Flyye JPC
    Pros: Uses real MultiCam so colours will be accurate. Potentially better build quality (renowned brand)
    Cons: More expensive
    Price: NZD $243~ (USD $135.63 (vest) + $23.70 (shipping))
Both of the above vests get reviewed very well, so either is a great choice.

Red Dot: AimPoint T1 (Clone)
Best Option: G&P High Mount T1
    Pros: This thing's damned good. I've had one for years, others have too and never had problems.
    Cons: Nothing I can really think of... no real steel trades I guess? Also a bit expensive.
    Price: NZD $93~ (USD $53 (red dot) + $8 (shipping, when combined with fore grip))

Foregrip: Tango Down Stubby (clone)
Option 1: Tokyo Marui Foregrip
    Pros: You get to fondle a bit of Marui every time you use your gun. Also it's probably better build quality than the cheaper ones.
    Cons: More expensive.
    Price: NZD $44~ (USD $21 (foregrip) + $8 (shipping, when combined with red dot))
Option 2: Element Foregrip
    Pros: Pretty much the same thing as the Marui
    Cons: Given the brand, I wouldn't expect miracles when it comes to build quality (will still function absolutely fine)
    Price: NZD $24~ (USD $7.50 (foregrip) + $8 (shipping, when combined with red dot))

This is just a starter list, if any one else has some more ideas post up :)
<<

ReaperNet

TAG Committee
TAG Committee

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:51 am

Agree with Eda on the T1 style RDS, it's a great low-cost option. There are others but they do not look as authentic.

I got one of these T1 clones and it's holding up so far [LINK]

One down side of the T1 is the aperture, though the unit is smaller overall compared to most sights so it's not really an issue. I would avoid sights with magnificence for airsoft, it's not needed and you'll acquire targets quicker.

If you're not wanting a platecarrier, also consider the Flyye 1961a chestrig or Hayley Strategic D3CR.
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:03 am

I recommend the T1 aimpoint replica that Reapernet linked above. It's good value and performs the same as the G&P. It also comes with a free killflash lense protector so the red-dot doesn't get shot out at CQB.

The aperture is 24mm wide vs the 30mm aperture of the larger comp M2 style red dots which can break when you swap batteries over. In general, the larger the aperture, the more harder it is to make an accurate replica. That's why most replica eotechs and comp m2 sites have huge parrelax errors. The T1s are fine though. My favourite optic in terms of performance.

You can get super cheap batteries for them here.
<<

Eda

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:36 pm

Both me and Flazz own and use Haley Strategic D3CR's. Best chest rig I've ever used, this thing is amazing. It'll set you back NZD $290 shipped and is definitely ultra boss. Should be able to just squeeze it into your budget.

I think we've all owned a Flyye 1961A. I used one before I bought my D3CR. Good build quality, way cheaper, does pretty much the same thing. Just a wee bit bulkier.
<<

SpooksHD

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:46 pm

Hey guys thanks for all the help just ordered all my stuff today should be here and at least by the end of the week thanks for the help hope to see you all this weekend.

Spooked out. :D
<<

Eda

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:47 pm

SpooksHD wrote:Hey guys thanks for all the help just ordered all my stuff today should be here and at least by the end of the week thanks for the help hope to see you all this weekend.

Spooked out. :D

Whatcha get?!
<<

Sasquatch

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Has anyone bought/owned any 1000D gear?, just wondering what the quality of their gear is. Looking at buying a dump pouch in this style. What I liked about this one is the velcro and button on the straps. Anyone know of/where to get anything similar or better?
<<

Flazzbog

TAG Treasurer
TAG Treasurer

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:14 pm

1000D means 1000 Denier which is a unit of fabric measurement. It's to do with how thick/dense the fabric is. 1000D Cordura fabric is twice as dense as 500D cordura. Some vests are made mostly of 500D to be lighter and more breathable but most of the ones around are 1000D.

But that pouch looks decent anyway. Mine attaches the same way and never comes off.
PreviousNext

Return to General